Tattoos are notoriously difficult to remove and over the years technology and treatments have improved, with laser being the clear leader for effective tattoo removal. However care and consideration for the type of laser you choose is important.
In this article we discuss why tattoos are so hard to remove and why we choose the PicoWay laser for the best in laser tattoo removal in Sydney.
What Impacts Tattoo Removal?
There are four key points that impact the difficulty of removing a tattoo and are taken into account during your initial consultation.
1. Depth: Ink is injected into the dermis - the second layer of skin below the epidermis, where it’s harder to remove. The PicoWay laser is able to effectively target the tattoo ink with minimal damage to the surrounding skin.
2. Ink Particle Size: Tattoos are permament because the ink prticle size is too large for the body to remove through its natural processes. The bigger the ink particle size, the harder it is to remove a tattoo. During laser tattoo removal, the ink particles are shattered into tiny particles. The smaller the particles, the better the tattoo clearance. Our PicoWay laser is 4.5 times more powerful than traditional lasers, therfore it is much more effective at breaking down the ink into miniscule particles, making it a faster and more effective choice for tattoo removal.
3. Color: Not all colours are removed the same way - different colours need to be treated with different wavelenghts. Black is the easiest to treat as it is the darkest, whereas reds and yellows can be difficult to remove, however the PicoWay is effective on all tattoo colours.
4. Skin Tone: With most lasers, darker skin tones are harder to treat because too much energy
can be absorbed into the skin rather than the targeted ink particles. The darker the skin the lower the energy that needs to be used. Laser will remove all pigment even your natural pigment. For this reason, we need to reduce the power of the laser to make sure the client does not experience post inflammatory hypo-pigmentation.
Why Choose The PicoWay Laser?
- The PicoWay uses unique picosecond (a trillionth of a second) laser technology to deliver fast, comfortable treatments
- Fewer treatments - FDA cleared for a wide range of tattoos, PicoWay offers better results in fewer treatments for different skin types
- Fast results - with its ultra-fast delivery of concentrated, high-power energy, PicoWay shatters even the tiniest ink particles making it easier for your body to clear the tattoo ink
- Minimised risk - the PicoWay precisely targets ink particles ensuring the ink is effectively treated, with the least amount of heat transfer to the skin
- Minimal discomfort - since PicoWay’s pulses are fast, you’ll feel minimal discomfort throughout the treatment
If you have never been to Detail Tattoo Removal, you can either give us a call on 02 9231 5999 (Detail for Men) or 02 9251 9966 (Detail Woman) or click on one of the buttons below to ask a question or book a free consultation online now.
If you already have an appointment booked at Detail for Men or Detail Woman, you can easily add a free tattoo removal consultation to your booking.