Do you really need 10 sessions of laser hair removal? Not likely.
With Winter just around the corner, now is the perfect time to have laser hair removal as you won’t need to worry about avoiding sun exposure before your treatment.
In this article we look at the three different stages of hair growth and how they impact laser hair removal as well as why you wouldn’t need ten sessions to achieve hairless skin. If you have tried painful IPL hair removal and never gone back, this is your opportunity to try Sydney’s most advanced laser – GentleMax Pro. With the latest technology comes virtually pain free hair removal, up to three times faster than other hair removal treatments.
Hair Growth Stages
Normal hair growth cycles through four stages as follows:
1. Anagen, or the active growth stage is the optimal time in the cycle for laser treatment. This stage is at the beginning of the growth cycle, when the hair and the surrounding cells are in the best condition to be treated. The reason for more than one treatment is due to the fact that not all hair follicles (roughly 80-90%) are in anagen or growth stage at any one time.
2. Catagen, also referred to as the transition or regression phase is when the hair begins to lighten, start thinning or shed and is not ideal for laser treatment due to this. Around 3% of hair follicles will be in this phase at any point in time.
3. Telogen, or the resting phase, when hair growth has stopped and the follicle becomes dormant. Approximately 10-15% of hair follicles are in this stage and this phase does not respond to laser treatment.
GentleMax Pro Is The Fastest
Smoother Skin Clinic use the latest laser hair removal device from Syneron-Candela, the GentleMax Pro. It has been clinically proven to achieve 80% reduction in hair after just 3 treatments. The innovative technology is safe and up to three times faster at removing unwanted hair than other devices.
- FDA approval for 80% reduction after only 3 treatments
- The GentleMax Pro works by delivering laser energy through a small hand piece operated by a trained clinician at Detail Smoother Skin
- Targets the pigment in the hair follicle
- Heat is absorbed and destroys the cells lining the hair follicle specifically around the bulb, bulge, and vascular supply
- GentleMax Pro can treat all skin types
- Patented cooling until in the hand piece
How Much Does It Cost?
To see our very competitive prices for laser hair removal Sydney, click on the button below:
The best way to have your hair removal needs assessed is by a qualified clinician. At Detail Smoother Skin Clinic, we offer a free consultation where we can give you personalised information based on your skin type. From this, you will know how many treatments are needed, a written quote with cost and specific information you will need to follow before, during and after treatment.