Over the years, have your “curves” become more of a concern for you? Have you been considering liposuction but the cost, surgery and recovery time have put you off? With the latest technology, non surgical liposuction has come a long way recently.
In this article we discuss the pros and cons of liposuction vs non surgical liposuction and the FDA approved VelaShape technology that has revolutionised the way we look at body shaping.
- Liposuction is considered the best solution for removing unwanted fat deposits
- Permanent – the fat cells are removed so they can’t re-fill in the future
- Can achieve a toned appearance with a skilled surgeon (referred to liposculpture)
- Generally a once-off procedure
- Liposuction is invasive surgery – pain, bruising, swelling and scars
- Can not treat small pockets of fat
- Requires anaesthetic and potentially a night or two stay in hospital
- Recovery time of generally 1-2 weeks
- Compression garments need to be worn for approximately 6 weeks following surgery
- Very expensive procedure compared to non surgical liposuction
- Ineffective on cellulite and can make cellulite appear worse
- Skin may not shrink back to fit your new body shape
- Weight gain following liposuction may lead to fat deposits in other areas
Non Surgical Liposuction with VelaShape
- Non-invasive – no scars, no surgery, no anaesthetic, no downtime
- Simple “walk-in, walk-out” treatment - you can return to your normal routine straight after
- VelaShape targets fat cells, improves cellulite and the texture of your skin
- Can target small pockets of fat in problem areas where liposuction can not be performed
- FDA approved so you know it is safe and effective
- Inexpensive compared to liposuction
- Comfortable treatment – feels like a warm deep tissue massage
- Treatment sessions are short, approximately 40 minutes so it’s easy to fit in with a busy lifestyle
- Usually only 3 treatment sessions are required
- Apart some some redness which quickly fades, there are no noticeable signs of treatment so nobody will know you’ve had it done
- Cannot remove as much fat as liposuction
- You may require maintenance treatment in 6-18 months, depending on your diet and exercise regime
- Results are cumulative, meaning that you won’t see a circumference reduction at the first session – your body needs to work through and dispose of the fat cell contents
How VelaShape Works
For the safe and effective body shaping, treatment of cellulite, circumference reduction and skin tightening, the VelaShape is an innovative device that combines bi-polar radio frequency, intense infrared light with mechanical massage and suction. This 4-pronged system stimulates the production of collagen and elastin for noticeable and long-term results.
Clinical trials with the VelaShape have shown:
- Circumference reduction of up to 3cm
- Reduction in the appearance of cellulite
- Noticeable improvement in skin firmness and texture over the treated areas
The Velashape is FDA approved and has been proven in numerous clinical trials and more than 3.5 million independent treatments have been performed globally.
For treatment on those stubborn areas of fat without the risk, cost and downtime associated with liposuction, choose safe and effective non surgical liposuction with the VelaShape. At Detail Smoother Skin Clinic we offer a free consultation where we can give you personalised information on and answer any questions you have.
If you have never been to Detail Smoother Skin, you can either give us a call on 02 9231 5999 (Detail for Men) or 02 9251 9966 (Detail Woman) or click on one of the buttons below to ask a question or book a free consultation online now.
If you already have an appointment, you can easily add a free non surgical liposuction consultation to your booking.